When we first found out we were pregnant we were about to leave on a trip, so Blake made a stop at Barnes and Noble to pick us up some reading material. He grabbed the usual What To Expect When You’re Expecting, and also found one called Dude, You’re Gonna Be A Dad. He said when he went to check out the lady ringing him up got so excited that it kind of surprised him, and we still joke about how one of the first people who knew we were pregnant was a stranger from Barnes and Noble!
- BEAUTIFUL BABIES: NUTRITION FOR FERTILITY, PREGNANCY, BREAST-FEEDING, AND BABY’S FIRST FOODS
- YOUR BEST BIRTH: KNOW ALL YOUR OPTIONS, DISCOVER THE NATURAL CHOICES, AND TAKE BACK THE BIRTH EXPERIENCE
- YOUR SELF-CONFIDENT BABY: HOW TO ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD’S NATURAL ABILITIES — FROM THE VERY START
- THE VACCINE-FRIENDLY PLAN: DR. PAUL’S SAFE AND EFFECTIVE APPROACH TO IMMUNITY AND HEALTH-FROM PREGNANCY THROUGH YOUR CHILD’S TEEN YEARS
- BRINGING UP BÉBÉ: ONE AMERICAN MOTHER DISCOVERS THE WISDOM OF FRENCH PARENTING (NOW WITH BÉBÉ DAY BY DAY: 100 KEYS TO FRENCH PARENTING)
Also, if you’re wanting to give birth either at home or without medication (neither of which I’ll be able to do this time around – if you want to know why I explain it in this post!), than I’ve had several moms recommend this book:
Specifically for a twin pregnancy, I grabbed this and have been really loving it:
And my little sister sent me this one about sleep-training twins (something that’s apparently even more important when you’re having two!):
I’d love to hear more of your favorites – I’ll keep this post updated with a complete list of the most recommended books out there! Let me know in the comments or shoot me an email!
And speaking of favorites – I have these pajamas in the short version and the long version, and I promise you they are the softest, most comfortable pajamas you’ll own! I’ve loved them during my pregnancy, and I’m definitely taking them to the hospital with me when the babies come! Navy Boyfriend Pajamas | Frenchie Mug | Bringing Up Bébé