I think January is a good month for making plans – it’s typically a quieter month for me as far as travel/events go, so it’s a good time to asses the year to come and see where there’s room to plan/book things.
In the spirit of that, I wanted to post about The Scott because I’ve had so many questions about it. After speaking with them, they were kind enough to give us a code – HAWKINS – for up to 20% off. You can use it when you book online (blackout dates apply).
In case you missed it, my high school girlfriends and I did a girls’ trip back in the beginning of December and stayed at The Scott. The whole trip was spurred by a concert we wanted to go to in Phoenix (Kip Moore!), but it ended up being the PERFECT place to go. So perfect that as we are talking about our next girls’ trip we’re tempted to just go back there again!
The weekend we stayed there was a really rainy one for Arizona, so it was perfect to feel like we could just hang at the hotel when we wanted and cozy up by one of the fires. But the pool is so amazing that I’d love to go back when it’s warm! I’ll let you know if we end up booking there again this year ;).
To avoid an insanely long blog post, here are my very favorite thing about The Scott:
- The design. You guys. IT IS SO GOOD. Like, if I could model my home after one place it would be this place. Both the indoor and outdoor spaces are major inspo/goals, and made it so I didn’t even want to leave the hotel! The whole place just underwent the first phase of a major renovation, so it feels brand new.
- The SMELL. Yep, that’s a thing. You’ll notice it as soon as you walk in. They actually had their own scent created that pumps through the vents of the hotel. I am hoping they decide to sell it in bottle/candle form someday, because I would stock up!
- The pool(s). We didn’t get to actually swim/lounge at the pool because of the rain, but there’s a sand-bottom swimming pool that’s perfect for families and then the main lagoon pool has private cabanas and a pool bar.
- The Canal Club. It’s a super cute bar right in the middle of everything where you can hang and order drinks and food. It honestly made me feel like we didn’t need to leave the hotel!
- The Beds. I have a SUPER comfortable bed at home, so I’m SO picky when it comes to hotels! This bed was GOOD. SO comfortable!
- The Location. When you DO decide you want to leave the hotel, it’s right in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale. They also offer a complementary shuttle (aka a really nice SUV) to anywhere within a 3-mile radius, which basically covers anywhere you’d want to go! There are so many fun restaurants nearby – this particular weekend we ate one brunch at The Montauk and really fun (and GOOD) dinners are Sumomoya and Blanco.
Another reason to go back – I didn’t get to experience the Spa! So I can’t speak to it other than I’d guess it’s pretty great considering how great everything else was ;).
You can find more info and photos on The Scott on their website, and if you’re thinking about going you should definitely follow them on Instagram here! Don’t forget to use code HAWKINS when you book, and I want to hear what you think!!