Guys, I’m pretty excited about today’s post! It was SO fun to prep for, and I learned so much. I asked my friend and amazing makeup artist Carly Campbell (currently up for NAHA Makeup Artist of the Year) to review her favorite products from Nordstrom. Some are part of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and some are just plain classics, so that you know exactly what’s worth stocking up on. I always say Carly is a product guru – she’s always the person I ask when I need something new and want to know what to get.
Let’s face it – we all want to figure out how to wear makeup without looking like we are wearing too much makeup! Carly is SO GOOD at that, so we decided to show you the products she loves to get that everyday look. Here’s what I looked like before Carly got started (prepare yourself for this hi-res no-makeup shot – eeek!)
The Process: Carly posted a snap story showing the products she was using with short explanations of how she uses them and why she loves them. Here’s that story for you! You can still catch it on Snapchat, too – @campbellcarly.
And, in order, here are links to all of the products she shouted out!
- Base: Perricone MD ‘No Foundation – Fair’ Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – $60.00
- Concealer: Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – $35.00
- Setting the Concealer: beautyblender® ‘Beauty’s Best Friend’ Set – ($56 Value) $35.00, La Mer Finishing Powder
- Bronzer: Bobbi Brown ‘Bobbi on Trend – Cheek’ Set ($92 Value) – $50.00, or Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder – $42.00
- Blush : Bobbi Brown ‘Bobbi on Trend – Cheek’ Set ($92 Value) – $50.00
- Highlight: HOURGLASS Ambient® Luminous Light Palette – $62.00 + gift with purchase
- Brows: Anastasia Beverly Hills ‘Brow Studio’ Set – ($58 Value) $36.00
- Eyes: (Eye shadow) Urban Decay ‘Naked2’ Basics Palette – $29.00 + gift with purchase, (Eye liner) Urban Decay 24/7 Waterline Eye Pencil – $20.00 + gift with purchase (Mascara) Lancôme Mascara Set – ($82 Value) $39.50
- Setting Spray: Urban Decay ‘All Nighter’ Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray – $14.00 + gift with purchase
- Brush Set: Carly and I love this Bobbi Brown set, or if you are feeling like splurging we love this beautiful set from Trish McEvoy!
Shop these items:
Hope that was as helpful for you as it was for me! Big thanks to Carly for your knowledge on this stuff, you are so talented!! Follow her on Instagram, Snapchat (@campbellcarly), or check out her site here!