Hello and happy Friday!! Some things I’ve been into this week…
- The Nordstrom Sale is winding down – prices go up August 8th! Which means you have to get the last of your shopping done before the 7th. I’m grabbing the last few things I wanted for myself, plus stocking up on some gifts for upcoming birthdays and holidays while I can still get the crazy-good prices. One of my favorite splurges of the sale was this oversized cashmere hoodie. You guys – it’s amazing. Like, I’ll keep it forever. It also happens to come in grey, I had the hardest time deciding which one to get! And the high tops I’m wearing below are SO comfy and only $51 right now!
- So, how do we all feel about Instagram Stories? Instagram (or shall we say…Facebook!) is making moves again! It will be interesting to see how it plays out – mostly how it affects Snapchat. I’ve kept my Snapchat circle really small, so I’m loving seeing stories from people I wasn’t following on Snapchat! I definitely like the idea of getting a more raw/real glimpse of people. If you don’t follow me on Instagram and you’re interested in seeing lots of vidoes of me with no makeup and our Frenchie puppy Lo, go follow me – @jenkhawkins ;). On another note, did you hear about the feature they’re testing to keep away the trolls and bullies? I LOVE this idea – I get so sad when I see the horrible things people comment, especially on celebrities’ photos. You can read about it here!
- I loved this article explaining “3 things Women Say that weaken the power of their words.” So true, and a good reminder for us ladies! We need less “justs”, “I’m sorry’s”, and other self deprecating words and more confidence in who we are ;).
- Who’s already read the new Harry Potter book? I just ordered mine! For those that haven’t heard, it’s actually a script of the 8th story – not a novel. Apparently some people didn’t know this and were pretty upset when they got their book – some of the comments/reviews in this article are cracking me up!
- Blake sent me this Funny or Die video about “What It’s Like Meeting People In LA” and I was rolling…it’s so good. If you’ve spent any time down here, or have spent time with people who live down here, you’ll appreciate it ;).
- And one more thing…Blake and I are super obsessed with this playlist on Spotify called Evening Commute. I especially love the first song – I play it over and over! (My poor brother that just visited can attest to that…we both had it stuck in our heads by the time he left!) Just listen to it – it’s SO GOOD.
Alright, go do something fun and summery this weekend!