**Photos by Rusty Spencer.
The Cubs. Speaking of Nike, this video Nike put out called “Goodbye Someday” gives me all the feels. Who else out there watched the World Series game? What an amazing night for sports. We ended up watching the last few innings at Buffalo Wild Wings (long story) with lots of big TVs and even more (super loud) Cubs fans, which made it that much more memorable. Baseball has always held such nostalgia for me, as I think it does for some many. And it’s just so…American ;).
The Election. Speaking of America, I think a lot of people share my dread for next week. It’s been a frustrating election, but I’m afraid the results will bring even more frustration. There’s nothing that I could say on here that hasn’t already been said, so I’ll spare you. BUT, I did watch Melania Trump’s speech yesterday and I can’t help but post about that. I just want to know, WHOSE idea was it to have her talk about Internet and social media bullying?! If you missed it and don’t know what I’m talking about, read this article for a summary. But hey, at least that pink top she was wearing was super cute…ugh.
Weekend Sales. Guys, there are lots of good sales going this weekend! It’s that time of year where stores are wanting to clear things out before their fully holiday inventory comes in. Here are a few I’m excited about:
- Nordstrom – up to 40% off fall clearance
- French Connection – 25% off coats with code FC25CT
- Macy’s – up to 20% off with code VOTE
- Lord & Taylor – up to 60% off coats
- Williams Sonoma – up to 50% off cookware (pretty awesome considering Thanksgiving is coming up!)
- Crate & Barrel – up to 20% off select with code FALL
- West Elm – up to 30% off seating (also great for holiday dinner guests!)
Have a beautiful weekend!