Last week, I was lucky enough to work with two of my favorites – The Zoe Report and Sorel! We took a little trip to Santa Barbara, which I had really only driven through before, to shoot a little video. You guys, I had so much fun! We stayed at the most adorable hotel, ate at the perfect restaurants, and shopped at the cutest places.
Where We Stayed
- The Goodland – We loved everything about this hotel! It’s kind of this eclectic beach bungalow style that I love, with the cutest places to just hang out. We kept joking that we never wanted to leave!
Where We Ate
- The Outpost at the Goodland – Oh my gosh, another reason we never wanted to leave our hotel! We ordered family style (this became the trend for the trip) and tried so many things, and loved each one of them. A few favorites from the menu were the Crudo, the Kimchi Fries, the Empanada, and the Brisket Bao-Bun.
- Backyard Bowls – On our way out in the morning, we stopped by Backyard Bowls for breakfast on the go. Best bowls I’ve had to date, I think! This time I got Diego’s Power Bowl.
- Santa Barbara Public Market – I LOVE places like this! The worst part is choosing where you’re going to eat, there are so many good options! This time we chose to get dishes from the Empty bowl Gourmet Noodle Bar, family style, and we were NOT disappointed. I think our favorite ended up being the Yellow Curry Soup, but I can’t wait to go back and try more.
- The Lark – I will seriously go to this place ANY time I’m in Santa Barbara. Everything from the decor to the ambiance to the menu…all on point. I was already excited to go when we saw the chefs earlier in the day shopping the Farmers’ Market with a big huge cart for produce. Knowing that that was what we were eating a few hours later made it taste even better! Of course we went family style again, which is what they actually suggest with their dishes. I think our favorites here were the beets (most beautiful presentation!), the Duck Liver Mousse, the Octopus, and the Fried Green Tomatoes.
Sorels: Median Rain Heel Boot
What We Did
- Shopped at Jenni Kayne
Sorels: Tivoli Suede Boot
- Walked Around Downtown
Sorels: Tofino Cate Boot
- Explored the Santa Barbara Museum of Art
- Visited the Old Mission Santa Barbara
- Shopped the Santa Barbara Farmers’ Market
- Visited “The Funk Zone“
I’m a LONG time lover of Sorels. With Blake’s family so involved in the skiing world, we find ourselves in the snow A LOT, so I appreciate both the functionality AND the iconic Sorel style. I love how much they’ve mixed it up recently, and I love how The Zoe Report styled these specific pieces. Because guess what – you don’t always have to be in the snow to wear Sorels, sometimes you just want to be warm and comfortable. (Side note – these boots are SO comfortable, even the heeled ones! I’m sure everyone else on the trip/shoot was like, “Ok Jen, we get it, they’re comfortable, stop talking about it…”;)) Anyways, browse their site to see all the cute styles they have right now, or shop the boots featured in the video below.
I’m so grateful for such a perfect experience with two amazing brands and an equally amazing crew. Thanks to Katie Danza for making me feel like a better version of myself with the hair and makeup – check her out here. Thanks to The Zoe Report for letting me be a part of it! Check out the feature on their page here. 🙂
**Video by Dark Horse Productions
SHOP THIS POST: