For some reason, everything seems to break/fall apart/run out all at the same time in my makeup bag. This last time, my actual bag that I’d had forever even got a huge hole in it! My cute little brother got me this new makeup bag for Christmas (with a little help from my Mom) so I decided to do a big reset. I cleaned everything out and restocked on the things that had run out. It felt so good – such a great way to start the New Year fresh!
**Photo by Foxes and Wolves
Since I’ve had a lot of questions about what makeup I use, I decided to share it here. Truth is, I’m pretty boring when it comes to my own makeup. I have a small little kit I use for my everyday, more natural look. When I get any fancier, it’s usually because someone else was willing (or forced by work) to do my makeup.
However, I feel very strongly about each and every thing in my little makeup bag – as in I love them! It takes a lot for me to either replace or introduce something in here.
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – I have used this tinted moisturizer for years, and love it! Love that it has SPF in it. I simply rub a light layer over my face with my fingertips. (I use the color “almond”.)
- Estee Lauder Double Wear – I didn’t have a foundation for years, but my makeup-artist friend Carly told me about this stuff and it’s amazing. I use it on days when I need a little extra coverage or for going out at night, and I get so many compliments on my skin when I wear it! I use the Beauty Blender to apply, and I love the color “tawny” for me.
- Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage – I love this concealer for when spot coverage is necessary ;). I use this brush to apply.
- Anastasia Brow Powder – I just feel WEIRD if I don’t fill in my brows with this powder! I apply in quick strokes where I need my brows to be a little thicker/darker, cheating my brows into the shape I want. I use the Medium Brown color, and I apply with this brush (which you can also use to brush/groom your eyebrows, too!)
- Laura Mercier Repair Eye Serum – I lightly dab some of this under my eyes – it’s anti-aging so it firms and brightens. I love the consistency of it. It’s a little pricey, but one bottle will last you a long, long time.
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer – I put this on over the serum for a little coverage. The two together makes for the perfect under-eye combo!
- MAC ‘Rebeleyes’ Fluidline – I don’t wear eyeliner often, but when I do I love this one! It’s not as wet as a normal liquid but not as dry as a pencil – I love the consistency of it.
- Mascaras- call me crazy, but I have this weird thing where I like to switch back and forth between (and sometimes combine) two mascaras. My two favorites are Lancome Hypnose Drama and Too Faced Better Than Sex. They’re a little different, and both so good!!
- Benefit Hoola Matte Bronzer – This bronzer has had a place in my makeup bag since high school. I lightly dust some on my cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead.
- Urban Decay Naked Flushed Bronzer, Highlighter, and Blush Palette – I dust some of the shimmer on my eyelids, and then use it to highlight just above my cheekbones. Then I use the blush side on my cheekbones.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Cream – In a neutral color, this stuff will leave your lips looking naturally refreshed. I love the slight tingle of the plumper!
- MAC Mineralize Rich Lisptick – I LOVE the moisturizing feeling of this lipstick! I’m not a big lipstick person, so this is the perfect hybrid for me. I kinda want it in every color…
- Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Travel Spray – I have used this scent since high school, and it somehow just keeps finding its way into my makeup bag. This little travel guy is great to have around when you need a little refresh ;).
- Essie Nail Polish (Sugar Daddy) – I keep this with me just in case – it’s the color I have requested most for jobs. It’s almost clear with the tiniest bit of pigment to make nails look natural and pretty.
- Visine A – The main reason I carry this with me is because I have the worst allergies, and I never know when they are going to flare up! But it also is great for brightening sleepy eyes ;).
- LeSportsac Cosmetic Case – How cute are these bags?! Thanks to my little brother for the great gift ;). I love how durable it feels and the size is great – the two come together. I can tell it’s going to last me a long while!
Ok so now it’s your turn – seriously, throw out what you’re not using, clean up what you are, and restock what you need to! It makes the biggest difference each morning when you get ready.
To have posts like this sent to your inbox, sign up for weekly emails on the top righthand side of the page!