Before we had babies, I didn’t think a whole lot about the big picture of it all. But for some reason, there were just a few moments I envisioned in my head that I was so excited for. One of them was a vision of setting up the nursery with Blake. I pictured being in the nursery together, painting and setting up a crib (little did I know there would be two cribs!) and was so so excited for that. I’m a weirdo, I know. But last summer as we were putting up wallpaper together and I realized the moment was happening in real life, I burst into tears – happy tears! Another moment I pictured was rushing to the hospital in labor and the excitement of knowing what we were about to experience together. And the other moment was taking our baby (also didn’t know this would be babIES!) on their first walk in a stroller, as a family for the first time. I LOVE walks, so this was a big one!
After three long months in the hospital with our twins, I FINALLY got my walk! And it was even better than I imagined. For those first few days we were home, the only time we left the house was to take the girls (and Lo!) on a sunset walk around our neighborhood. Now we’ve been home almost two weeks, and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of taking those walks with my forever squad! I think I’ve acheived major #squadgoals.
I’ve had so many people asking me what stroller I chose, so here it is! When we found out we were having twins, I started researching double strollers. I kept coming back to the Bugaboo Donkey2, and heard/read nothing but good things. Then I found out the Bugaboo Donkey2 was coming out and I was SOLD ;). Some things I love about the it so far:
- The ride is SO SO SMOOTH. Every time I push it I can’t help but comment to Blake how smooth/nice it feels. (I found out that this is because of the new foam wheels, which is rare to find in a stroller!)
- It fits through doorways. I was so worried about having to get a double stroller and not being able to get through anywhere, so I’ve been so relieved that the Bugaboo Donkey2 is small enough!
- I love the bassinets! The babies look so comfy in them, and whenever we come in from a walk I feel like I can wheel it into the kitchen and let them sleep for a while so I can get something done.
- It’s compatible with the infant car seats I wanted. (More on that later!)
- It’s really, really pretty. Not going to lie – this is important to me! If I’m going to be pushing this thing around for years to come, I want to like the way it looks. And I really do!
I’m just getting started with our Donkey 2, so as we are able to take the twins out more and more I’ll keep you posted on everything else I learn about it and how I’m feeling ;).
**Post sponsored by Bugaboo**